Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FOOD-DAY, TUESDAY!



Last week my husband and I decided to try Harvest Caffe, located at 2101 W. Wadley, for lunch. We were pleasantly surprised by the table service, being that last time we ate there we ordered with the cashier. With eclectic decor and a roaring fire, Harvest Caffe is a cozy place for a cup of coffee, breakfast, or lunch.


I choose the Southwest Blackened Chicken Salad. The nicely seasoned grilled chicken was served on a bed of romaine lettuce with a black bean corn salsa. The lettuce was crisp and crunchy which accompanied the grilled chicken well. The salsa, comprised of black beans, corn, red onion, and red bell pepper is the perfect topping. Two pieces of flat-bread crackers topped with sesame seeds are served alongside the salad, perfect for scooping lettuce and vegetables on your fork. I also am a fan of serving food on simple white plates so that the food is the star.


Now since I had a salad for lunch, I decided that I could treat myself to one of Harvest Caffe's massive lemon squares, after-all isn't that how calorie math works? The lemon filling is the perfect blend of tart and sweet, sitting on top of a flaky crust.

Harvest Caffe is a great place to get a light lunch with friends, or curl up in front of the fireplace with a warm cup of coffee and god book.

No comments:

Post a Comment