Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FOOD-DAY, TUESDAY!

Every Tuesday I want to highlight local food, being where to find the best local delicacy or a feature on a local restaurant.

Today I pose a question.... Where do you go to get the best hamburger in Midland?

For me, I go to Bob's Better Burger at 3417 Thomason Ave. to get a small jalapeno cheeseburger.



Bob's opened 50+ years ago with the same sign that stands today. A simple drive-in, where you get out of your car to order, pick up your food after hearing your number, and take it back to your car to eat. The recipes have changed very little with everything still being made to order. The hamburgers are simple with toasted buns, juicy meat, simple vegetables, and my personal favorite, very fine chopped jalapenos. The perfect partner for this delicious burger, the extra crispy fires or tater tots. Finish it off with a milkshake and I am one happy girl.

Let me know where to get your favorite burger, I might be persuaded.

4 comments:

  1. We like Bob's Better Burger also...I think it the best place in Midland..but we mostly go to Texas Burger on Wadley (due to it being closer to our house) they have great Cheeseburgers, their prices are reasonable plus they have great ice cream if you want something sweet afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael's Charcoal Grill on A Street has good burgers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bar has great burgers- large, juicy and fresh, with lots of different options. They're definitely a step above fast food burgers, and their sweet potato fries are the perfect side. They're more expensive than fast food, but the quality is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob's is simply amazing but I also love the burges at Main Street Diner, classic greasy cafe burger!!

    ReplyDelete