Tuesday, April 3, 2012

FOOD-DAY TUESDAY!

One of my favorite Mexican food places in Midland is Tampico Spanish Inn, located at 2411 W. Wall Street.

When my husband and I were starting our married life together we would meet our close friends for lunch at Tampico's every Sunday for Bloody Mary's, Coronitas, and great food.


Once you are seated, you are greeted with wonderful, fresh salsa served with warm chips. I don't know about you, but for me, if the salsa is fresh and home-made, the meal is off to a fantastic start. There is just something wonderful about salsa that tastes like actual tomatoes, and onions, and garlic, and peppers.... YUM!


The dish I order 90% of the time at Tampico's is the beef chili rellenos with no batter. I love, love, love these chili rellenos and this is the only place I will order rellenos. There is something wonderful about their ground beef mixture that when mixed with the peppers and melted cheese, that no other place can match. I usually opt for charro beans, which are delicious, in lieu of re-fried beans. I have never left Tampico's not satisfied.

For all the great memories and good food Tampico Spanish Inn will always hold a special place in my heart. Make sure you stop by 2411 W. Wall Street in Midland and try the delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment